Thursday, April 5, 2012

I am in love with my pastor...

I love that he preaches from a big pulpit. I love that he uses the Bible in actual book form to preach from. I love that during the cool months in Arizona he wears a full on suit and tie. I love that he is moved by theologically sound music in the form of hymns. I love that he is bold, passionate and authentic from the pulpit. I love that he is expositional in his preaching. I love that he leads with a service and humility. I love that his desire is to know God and make Him known. And I love that I get to walk with him, serve with him and share with him the privilege of shepherding God's people.

Look at him, isn't he handsome?!



Listen to him, isn't he great?!


Susannah Spurgeon once said, "I left my beloved, and hastening to the house to an upper room, I knelt before God. I praised and thanked Him with happy tears, for His great mercy in giving me the love of so good a man. If I had known then how good he was, how great he would become, I would have been overwhelmed, not so much with the happiness of being his, as with the responsibility which such a position would entail."

On a side note, my husband and I have a running joke about blogs that make life look much grander and greener than life really is. You know the type, my husband is amazing, my kids are perfect and funny, life is all smiley faces and sugar gum drops. So, I guess I should add, I don't always love being a pastor's wife and I love my pastor-husband even on his apathetic, espn glazed-eyed, fussy days.