Sunday, November 28, 2010

The Christmas Tree

It shouldn't have been hard, but we had quite the time finding a Christmas tree. We went to all the wrong places first and finally ended up at a Walmart in a town down the road. We stuffed the tree into the car instead of buying rope and tying it on top. It was a fun ride home.


Decorating for Christmas is always one of my favorite events of Thanksgiving week. It was extra fun this year since Emsleigh could help.


My Mimi gave Emsleigh this sweet little ornament last year. It is a sleeping baby in a pea pod. Every time Emsleigh walks by the tree she has to stop and say "AWWWW" and then tell us "SHHH" since the baby is sleeping.



I have to show off my mother-in-law's creativity and sewing skills. She made these adorable penguins. Emsleigh and I both love them!


Here is our finished tree. I love Christmas!